If you are looking to further your studies but lack the funding to do so, and if you have a strong academic record you have maintained through the year, you may be able to apply for a bursary.
Who qualifies for a Bursary?
Bursaries are awarded to learners currently in matric, who want to further their education at College or University, as well as students who are currently in the Tertiary process who cannot afford to fund their studies.
The requirements are different for each bursay programme, and those requirements will be specified in each listing. Here are some common requirements you will encounter:
- You must be a South African citizen. (Some bursaries do fund Permanent Residents.)
- You must be in matric or have completed matric. Bursaries are also available for learners who are in Grade 7 – 11 but want to pursue Grade 8-12 studies.
- You must be studying or have applied to study at a recognised tertiary institution in SA – including public and private institutes – TVET Colleges, Universities of Technology and public universaties.
- Please explore so much more about bursaries with Career Planet.
- More information about bursaries here