OFO No: 341301
Other names for Religious Associate
What is a Christian Preacher?
A Christian Preacher has a 24/7 job. They attend to the spiritual and moral education of their parish members.
What does a Christian Preacher do?
- writes sermons
- leads worship services
- administers holy communion
- facilitates baptisms, weddings, funerals etc
- gives counselling to members in need
- visits the sick and the dying
- joins in community activities
Are you . . . ?
- a religious person?
- a good listener?
- willing to help others?
- a role model?
How do I become a Christian Preacher?
It will depend on your denomination, what career paths you will take.
The best way to become a Christian Leader is to get involved with your local parish. Make sure that the ‘calling’ to become a preacher is really what you want to do.
Through your church and ministers, they could guide you on how to become a preacher.
You could also go to some universities in SA to study theology. Check with your local university if they have a Faculty of Theology.
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education. CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
You can also attend a specialised theological or seminary institution to study.
For instance, to name a few (there are more):
- GLOBAL SCHOOL of THEOLOGY
- BIBLE INSTITUTE of SOUTH AFRICA
- SOUTH AFRICAN THEOLOGICAL SEMINARY
Is becoming a Christian Religious Professional the right career choice for me?