The skills needed to take an idea and turn it into a thriving reality are not as complex or mysterious as people believe. Learn them with us and take your first steps towards personal greatness.
Our Youth Enterprise Development Programme is a richly layered educational experience that takes passionate achievers from the ages of 18 to 35 and teaches them how to establish a sustainable business.
In the first six months of this year-long incubator style programme, participants start up and learn to run sustainable businesses, where they are guided to implement the theory as they learn through the provision of facilitation and support. The students are introduced to an array of entrepreneurial concepts that inspires them and builds their business confidence. The training includes site visits, case studies and guest speakers.
In the latter six months, after the course work is complete, participants receive ongoing support and mentorship and they are also introduced to micro-finance institutions as options for funding their businesses going forward. Graduates receive a JA South Africa and an NQF level 4 Services Seta accredited certificate.
o qualify for the Youth Enterprise Development Programme, students need to be:
- between the ages of 18 and 35;
- comfortable with speaking, writing and understanding English;
- free from employment commitments and not be a full time student;
- able to demonstrate a keen interest in starting a business as this will grant them preferred entry;
- self-starters who are motivated and enthusiastic and willing to contribute to the programme by investing their time and effort; and
- prepared to commit completely to the duration of the three to four month course.
The Youth Enterprise Development Programme will guide students along the path to personal success by teaching participants to:
- grow interpersonal skills and become a valuable member of any team;
- understand time management, business ethics, business planning and how to handle or create business functions;
- build an understanding of market research, operations planning and management;
- take control of their finances, marketing and branding; and
- handle problems with integrity and wisdom, and make decisions for the right reasons and in high pressure situations
REGIONAL PROGRAMME AGENTS
Kwazulu Natal. Rosh Rajah firstname.lastname@example.org 031 500 9037
Limpopo James Sekele email@example.com 071 400 8535
Northern Cape Thamsanqa Matroos firstname.lastname@example.org 053 873 1933