Q: Where can I get help to start a small business?
A: Here are some resources
THE BUSINESS PLACE NETWORK
one-stop shop walk-in centres across the country.
- Coordinated business support;
- Market linkages; and
- Financing interventions.
TBPN also assists entrepreneurs with tender application processes, assisting them to unlock opportunities in the public and private sector.
In addition services include:
- Accounting and financial reporting
- Business consultancy
- Secretarial services
Centres throughout South Africa can be found here: http://www.thebusinessplace.co.za/network.html
SEDA (Small Enterprise Development Agency)
is an agency of the Department of Small Business Development. Seda’s mission is to develop, support and promote small enterprises throughout the country.
Check ‘Contact Us’ on the website for your nearest branch
Ask about any of these at the branches
Seda Business Talk:
- Information on
- Business Registration
Seda Business Start:
- Business Planning
- Business Counselling
- Facilitation of Access to Finance
- Business Support
Seda Business Build – focusing on sustaining and strengthening businesses.
- Capacity Building Systems
- Tender Advice / Procurement
- Export Readiness
Seda Business Grow – focusing on growth and expansion.
- Business Systems Development
- Cooperative Support
- Growth Strategy
- Prospective entrepreneurs
- Small and micro enterprises that are trading and looking to grow
- Medium enterprises that are looking to grow
Benefits for SMMEs
- Proper diagnosis of the business
- Tailored solutions for specific problems in the business
• Other interventions are informed by these offerings/interventions
- Client journey approach applied
Ask about their 5-day training courses:
Entrepreneurs learn to:
- Market their business effectively;
- Understand the importance of building a reputable business profile as a marketing tool; and
- Maintain financial records and develop their business plans.
- The training courses also cover financial management, customer care, report writing and business writing skills, whilst helping entrepreneurs to identify areas of improvement for their businesses.
e-services in case you can’t get to a branch: