OFO No: 334102
Other names for Office Adminstrator:
- Office Co-ordinator
- Parliamentary Support Services Administrator
What is an Administration Officer?
Does the day to day running of an office excite you? If your answer is YES, then becoming an Administration Officer could be just what you are looking for…
An Administration Officer is responsible for various administrative duties including the setting up and running of administrative systems, typing of letters and reports and arranging meetings. These are just a few of the functions involved.
What does an Administration Officer do?
- takes the minutes in meetings
- maintains and updated diaries
- photocopies documents
- sorts incoming and outgoing mail
- does reception and telephone duties
- processes travel claims
- manages leave requests
- runs petty cash accounts etc
Are you … ?
- interested in office work?
- methodical and ordered?
- computer literate?
- good at communication skills: writing, reading, speaking
How do I become an Administration Officer?
Courses in basic business, computers, office management and administration, bookkeeping etc will be an added advantage when seeking a job as an Administration Officer.
Throughout SA, at various colleges, you can do a:
- Certificate and Higher Certificate in Office Administration
- Diploma in Office Administration or Office Management
- National Diploma / BTech in Office Administration at Universities of Technology
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
There are many career-growth opportunities for people with ambition and good administrative skills.
Is becoming an Administration Officer the right career choice for me?