What is a Bodyguard?
A Bodyguard (Close Protection Officer) is a specialised security man or woman who protects a person/s.
People who need protection – usually include celebrities, wealthy or politically important figures.
They need protection from kidnapping, homicide/assassination, harassment (eg paparazzi and stalkers), assault, danger, loss of confidential information, various threats, etc.
What does a Bodyguard do?
- meets with clients to discuss client’s requirements
- studies client’s daily and work schedules
- detects any possible threats
- creates and plans solutions for possible threats
- makes sure client is safe at all times
- learns the country’s laws and bylaws
Are you . . . ?
- cool under extreme emergencies?
- a good communicator/negotiator?
- neat and tidy?
- hard worker?
- assertive and confident?
How do I become a Bodyguard?
Bodyguards can either be trained through the South African Police (SAP) or through private companies.
Here are a few private companies that offer training courses:
- BODYGUARD PROTECTION SERVICES: (Primrose)
- DELTA ONE INTERNATIONAL: (Johannesburg)
- SNG SECURITY: (Branches countrywide)
- TSU TRAINING SERVICES: (Pretoria and Cape Town)
- RONIN SOUTH AFRICA
- EXPRO PROTECTION SERVICES
Is becoming a Bodyguard the right career choice for me?