What is a Clothing Manager?
A Clothing Manager is responsible for the planning and control of production.
They are in charge of quality standards and that the clothes are manufactured to the right price, specifications and on time.
What does a Clothing Manager do?
- works on budgets
- liaises with designers
- co-ordinates the entire operation
- is in charge of quality control
- plans production systems
- liaises with management
- makes sure workers follow specifications and instructions
- orders materials, trimmings, interlinings etc
- improves existing systems
Are you … ?
- computer literate?
- a good communicator?
- detail orientated?
- a good planner?
- a good manager?
- a multi-tasker?
How do I become a Clothing Manager?
There are 2 main ways you can become a Clothing Manager:
(1) You can do a National Diploma and a BTech degree in Clothing Management at most universities of technology.
(2) You could do a diploma in fashion and complement it with a management course or diploma. There are many specialised trianing institutions that offer these courses.
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Clothing Manager the right career choice for me?