OFO No: 226301
Other names for Environmental Health Officer:
Food Safety Auditor
Licensed Premises Inspector
Food Safety Officer
What is an Environmental Health Officer?
An Environmental Health Officer’s main tasks are to inspect, identify and report on hazards in the workplace. If you are safety conscious and observant, this may be the job you’re looking for.
What does an Environmental Health Officer do?
- inspects, identifies and reports on hazards in the workplace
- makes sure company follows strict safety and hygiene standards
- records injuries in the workplace
- develops safety programmes
- informs and trains staff to safety and hygiene programmes
- develops monitoring systems
Are you . . . ?
- interested in safety?
- a creative thinker?
- a problem solver?
- a person with a conscience?
- a team player?
How do I become an Environmental Health Officer?
According to the SETA, CHIETA these are the possible qualifications you could consider at Universities of Technology:
- National Diploma or Degree in Environmental Health
- National Diploma or Degree in Environmental Science
- National Diploma or Degree in Environmental Management
Is becoming an Environmental Health Officer the right career choice for me?