Government Property Inspectors and Investigators prepare correspondence, reports of inspections or investigations, and recommendations for action.
- They examine records, reports, and documents in order to establish facts and detect discrepancies.
- They monitor investigations of suspected offenders to ensure that they are conducted in accordance with constitutional requirements.
- Collect, identify, evaluate, and preserve case evidence.
- Inspect manufactured or processed products to ensure compliance with contract specifications and legal requirements.
- Coordinate with and assist law enforcement agencies in matters of mutual concern.
- Testify in court or at administrative proceedings concerning investigation findings.
- Investigate applications for special licenses or permits, as well as alleged license or permit violations.
- Inspect government-owned equipment and materials in the possession of private contractors, in order to ensure compliance with contracts and regulations and to prevent misuse.
- Recommend legal or administrative action to protect government property.