All NON-South African citizens
and NON-permanent residents
are required to obtain a study permit prior to registering as students.
Application for study permits should be submitted to the South African Home Affairs, Consulate or High Commissioner in your country or residence/origin.
It would be in favour of the educational institution where you intend studying. It would be submitted during registrations.
CAREER PLANET offers information about various institutions of learning – you will need to research what each one offers and where you can study.
- NOTE: EVERY TERTIARY INSTITUTION HAS DIFFERENT REQUIREMENTS
Please read this article:
To find individual institutions near you please go here:
1. Select the institution of your choice: University, University of Technology, FET etc.
2. Select your Province of choice
3. Click on the institution on the right
4. Copy the url (the part that starts with http:) and paste into your browser.
5. When you get to the Institution's web page, read the requirements carefully
6. Read and follow the application process completely.