You are in luck because the Adult Matric option has been created just for you. If you
- register by the end of November 2016,
- study hard,
- write from May to August in 2017 and
you could have your matric at last!
The official name for this option is the Amended Senior Certificate. These are some of the requirements – BUT to see the full list please
Who can apply
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older who have:
- a General Education and Training Certificate (GETC); or
- a Grade 9 school report (or the old standard seven). stating that they have passed Grade 9 or Standard 7; or
- a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level which requires two official languages.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete Senior Certificate qualification.
- Adult learners who are 21 years and older with an incomplete National Senior Certificate and whose School-Based Assessment (SBA) validity has expired.
- Only in exceptional cases, out of school youth, who are 18-21 years old and who could not complete their school education due to circumstances beyond their control, as verified by the Head of Department in the Provincial Education Department.
You must write six subjects which you can see if you
You must register not later than 30 November 2016.
Where to register
Learners may register at any provincial education office which includes the provincial head office, the district office or a circuit office.
Most provinces have created useful ways to help you prepare.
Please let us know if you experience any problems in registering at