What is a Mining Assistant?
Mining Assistants work both underground in the mines and on the surface.
A career as a Mining Assistant offers steady employment with good benefits, such as housing, however, it involves working in a possibly dangerous, underground environment.
What does a Mining Assistant do?
- erects and dismantles scaffolding on the mines
- assists with the laying of cabling, pipes and bricks
- transports materials to and from the mine
- loads and unloads crates
- collects waste materials
- maintains the mine’s premises and gardens
- instals and maintains electrical and mechanical machinery
Are you . . . ?
- a team player?
- hard working?
- not afraid of closed areas?
- in good health?
- enjoy working with your hands?
How do I become a Mining Assistant?
- XTRACT TRAINING SERVICES
Offers a variety of short courses.
- ADVANTAGE ACT
Offers various training courses.
- MINING QUALIFICATION AUTHORITY: MQA
Offers various courses and learnerships
Is becoming a Mining Assistant the right career choice for me?