OFO No: 831101
Other names for Mining Support Worker:
- Acclimatisation Chamber Operator/ Heat Tolerance S
- Battery Bay Attendant/ Battery and Lamp Repairer
- Belt Attendant
- Centrifuge Pump Operator/ Pump Attendant
- Coal Hewer
- Gravel Worker
- Mine Sampler / Worker
- Mine Stage Assistant
- Mine Survey Recorder
- Mineral Ore Processing Labourer
- Mining Surfaceman
- Onsetter Helper
- Pit Crew Support Worker
- Quarry Hand / Worker
- Sand Pit Worker
- Shaft Assistant
- Shaft Sinking Helper
- Sorter (Mining)
- Strata Control Observer
- Ventilation Observer
What is a Mining Support Worker?
A Mining Support Worker helps perform jobs on the mine like:
- taking apart and assembling mining equipment
- taking samples of rock
- mixing ore treating chemicals etc
What does a Mining Support Worker do?
- performs routine jobs
- loads ore onto mine trucks or conveyor belts
- strengthens roofs and walls of mine shafts
- uses power tools
- cleans underground rooms and work areas
- helps teams of mine workers construct tunnels
- installs lamps and pumps etc
Are you . . . ?
- interested in entering the sector of mining?
- a team player?
- reliable and responsible?
- physically fit and healthy?
- safety conscious?
How do I become a Mining Support Worker?
This is an entry level position.
- There are no official paths to becoming a Mining Support Worker.
- Most companies have their own training on-the-job programmes with their own requirements
After sufficient workplace experience you may consider studying or training further so that you may work your way up the mining ladder.
- Miner etc
Is becoming a Mining Support Worker the right career choice for me?