OFO No: 142104
What is a Post Office Manager?
A Post Office Manager is the person who is in charge of a Post Office. They will be responsible for the efficient running of the office as well as manage the staff.
What does a Post Office Manager do?
- supervises the activities of workers
- negotiate contracts with companies who need large postal deliveries
- implements safety and security programs
- does paperwork
- schedules and monitors transport: pickup, delivery, or distribution of post and parcels
- ensures timely delivery of parcels and post
- co-ordinates logistics from main depots
- deals with customers’ questions and complaints
- maintain equipment / ordering new
Are you . . . ?
- a good motivator?
- deadline orientated?
- a hard worker?
- a person with a ‘head for business’?
- a team player?
How do I become a Post Office Manager?
To become a Post Office Manager you would have to have loads of work experience.
You would need a lot of different skills. To be a good Post Office Manager you would need to know as much as possible about all the different departments of the post office.
Post Office Managers are generally older due to this fact. They have spent years and years working to gain all the experience and skills necessary to be promoted to this level.
Post Office Managers are ambitious and hard working.
A business or finance qualification will probably be your best options. After qualifying, it’s up to you to collect experience and skills as you climb up the corporate ladder.
National Certificate in Postal Frontline Service Management
Relevant workplace experience
Diploma in Management
- Cape Peninsula University of Technology
- Durban University of Technology
- Nelson Mandela Metropolitan University
- Tshwane University of Technology
- Universitiy of Johannesburg
- University of the Free State
- University of Zululand
- Walter Sisulu University
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Post Office Manager the right career choice for me?