What is a Store Demonstrator?
A Store Demonstrator may also be known as a Product Demonstrator or Brand Ambassador.
They promote and demonstrate products.
The aim of the demonstration is to:
- introduce customers to new products
- introducing ‘try-before-you-buy’
- promoting product so that customers purchase the product
- getting customer feedback for market research
- showing customers how to use product or introduce to them new ideas relating to product
This ‘sales’ technique is proving to be very successful way to market a product.
Some products which may be demonstrated:
- Food and drink
- Cleaning products
- Cosmetics etc
What does a Store Demonstrator do?
- preparing their work station and showcasing product
- engaging with customers in a friendly, positive way
- preparing the product – if food, cook it in front of customers
- prepare samples
- educating public on product
- handing out pamphlets and product discounts
Are you … ?
- a good communicator?
- good with people?
- able to stand for long periods at a time?
How do I become a Store Demonstrator?
You should have at least a matric. Tertiary education in marketing or public relations would be extremely advantageous.
Check your local educational institution whether they offer any relevant courses.
Click here to find an accredited institution near you.
Is becoming a Store Demonstrator the right career choice for me?
See below for more info.