Action Aid (AA) is a global movement of people working together to further human rights for all and end poverty.
ActionAid South Africa (AASA) is a country programme of Actionaid International, a federation of 47 country programmes around the world working to end global poverty and inequality. AASA has a vibrant and rapidly expanding programmes team.
AASA is looking to recruit Child Sponsorship Officer to join in the Child Sponsorship Unit to support the team in delivering its range of child sponsorship work in designated Local Rights Programmes (LRPs) This involves responsibility for planning and implementing all Sponsorship activities (Child Message Collection, Photo Updates, Children and Family Sensitization and logging od correspondences in liaison with Child Sponsorship Manager
Main duties and responsibilities may include, but not limited to:
- Communities and Children understand and support Child Sponsorship mechanism; that good relationships are maintained with community members (Community Facilitators, Teachers, Community Leaders and Parents) through the provision of training and orientation on the ActionAid’s approach to development and the use of Child Sponsorship mechanism.
- All relevant stakeholders at LRP understand Child Sponsorship mechanism and are able to explain it to community members through provision of training and support in all aspects of Child Sponsorship.
- All Child Sponsorship policies and procedures are adhered to.
- LRP Annual Activity Plan is produced and implemented accordingly;
- Annual Communication Plans to supporters for the LRP are produced and implemented.
- All draft reports to Sponsors are submitted on time to Sponsorship Manager using good quality information (case studies, stories and photographs);
- Child Profiles are collected as per Annual Allocation for the LRP and to cover withdrawals; collection in planned in coordination with other LRP staff; supervision is provided to Community Volunteers involved in Child Profile collection; Photographs are taken and processed according to standards laid down in Sponsorship Manuals;
- All supporters receive 2 (two) Child Messages per year; Child Message collection activities are planned and implemented within deadlines;
- All Child Messages are processed and dispatched; the results of child message collection are reported to child Sponsorship Manager;
- Supporters are promptly informed of any change to the status of their link, including the dispatch of transfer packs;
- All new supporters receive welcome letters within 2 (two weeks) since the link has been created on NK;
- Letters from sponsors to children are passed on and acknowledged in Child Messages;
- Supporter queries are answered within stipulated deadlines making field inquiries as necessary
- Accurate and orderly sponsorship records (Child Profiles, Digital Photographs) are maintained manually and on computer;
- Integrity of supporter’s information (addresses) are securely maintained;
- Weekly reports for detailing sponsorship activities planned, activities implemented, and activities outstanding are produced for Child Sponsorship Manager;
- All resources of Sponsorship Office including equipment, computers, cameras, modems and stationery etc. are maintained in good order and are rationally utilized for ActionAid’s work
- Diploma or Degree in Social Sciences, Development Studies and Rural development
- Experience in community development programmes
- At least 2-3 years’ experience in relevant funding and child development work
- Strong time management and organisational skills – able to manage multiple demands, under pressure and hit deadlines
The ideal candidate should have the following experiences
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to build strong relationships, based on mutual respect and trust, and ensure that relationships thrive under pressure.
- Ability to react quickly, identify and respond to demands.
- Excellent facilitation and presentation skills
- Experience of developing and delivering coaching and training to a range of audiences across different cultures and abilities
- Experience of collecting compelling stories, video and photographs
- In depth understanding and experience of child sponsorship
Please send your CV and a one page motivation letter to: email@example.com by no later than Friday, 29 March 2019. You are requested to highlight in the cover letter how you specifically meet the criteria for this role. Please indicate in the subject line of your email the position you are applying for