This qualification is intended for people who already work as Business Process Outsourcing agents or who wish to join the Business Process Outsourcing industry. The qualification provides an introduction to Business Process Outsourcing operations and will equip learners with the underpinning knowledge and skills to be able to supply high quality customer service.
Learners will be provided with competencies to handle both inbound and outbound interactions/traffic, within different types of operations of Business Process Outsourcing. The qualification develops skills in the use of various communication channels e.g. telephone, fax, email, internet, intranet, multifunction devices, webchat, SMS and letters. The qualification will also provide learning opportunities in the knowledge and skills required to perform back office processes and tasks. Learners will have the opportunity to learn, develop and practice the skills required to make an effective contribution in a general Business Process Outsourcing environment.
NQF 3 (QUAL I.D: 80566)
Learning programmes included in this qualification:
|Learning programme 1||Contact Centre and BPO Practices|
|Learning programme 2||Communication skills|
|Learning programme 3||Mathematical and Financial Literacy|
|Learning programme 4||Call Management|
|Learning programme 5||Customer Interaction|
|Learning programme 6||Debt Recovery|
|Learning programme 7||Data Processing|
|Learning programme 8||Problem Solving|
|Learning programme 9||Time and Stress Management|
|Learning programme 10||Team Performance and Safety Awareness|
On achieving this qualification, the learner will be able to:
- Provide effective customer service in a contact centre/call centre and/or Business Process Outsourcing industry.
- Use communication technology in a contact centre.
- Capture data to track interactions.
- Work effectively as a team member in a group.
- Contact centre agents with two to three years’ experience
- English Communication at NQF Level 2 or equivalent
- Mathematical Literacy at NQF level 2 or equivalent
- Computer Literacy at NQF Level 2 or equivalent
Duration: 12 months
- Contact Training & Assessment Sessions: Approximately 36 contact days (3 days per month)
- Non-Contact: Learners will be required to invest additional time per module on supplementary research, reading, on the job practical application and portfolio building.