Are you looking for rewards and recognition for your work? Well, South Africa won the prestigious international “Offshoring Destination of the Year” award in 2016, presented at the Global Sourcing Awards, by the well-respected Global Sourcing Association, London, United Kingdom. This is also not the first time we have won, with the same award snapped up in both 2012 and 2014! We are known for our world-class customer service and experience as well as many other exceptional business processing skills.
8 Reasons to be proud to work in the South African BPO industry.
South Africa ranks highly against our offshore peers (India, the Phillippines, Poland, Ireland, and Scotland)
- First in the extent of staff training among offshore peers
- Second in the “Financial Services meeting business needs” ranking among offshore peers
- First in terms of mobile phone subscriptions among offshore peers
- A digital economy that is considered to be the most developed in Africa
- Most favoured customer related laws – The Protection of Personal Information Act (POPI) which regulates how companies handle, keep and secure their customers’ information
- First in mobile network coverage (as a percentage of population) among offshore peers
- First in terms of strength of auditing and reporting standards globally
- 6th best place in the world for overseas workers (expats) to work
BPO is a Growth Industry
The growth of BPO is due to South Africa becoming a popular location for many international brands to outsource business functions. Growth is expected to continue into the future.
Reasons why South Africa is growing as an international BPO destination:
- South Africa has a large availability of good quality English speaking talent. Many international companies have found that South Africans have high empathy, cultural affinity, and niche skills. This has led to success in next-generation service delivery.
- People in South Africa have a more neutral accent compared to those in India and other countries. This makes it ideal for contact centre delivery to the United Kingdom and Australia
South Africa has witnessed high growth in the BPO industry over the past 4 years – growing by 22% annually. This is twice the global growth rate of the industry and 3 times faster than India and the Philippines. The number of people employed in the South African BPO industry:
5 reasons why BPO is a career of the future
- It’s one of the fastest-growing industries in South Africa and the world
- It’s an industry that offers many opportunities for career growth
- Intensive training leads to all-round professional development
- Opportunity to specialise in specific domains/industries
- World class infrastructure creates a great long-term working environment