What is an Aircraft Electrician?
Aircraft Electricians are in demand!
The job of an Aircraft Electrician is to inspect, trouble-fault, repair and maintain all the complex electrical systems on an aircraft.
These could include:
- Landing gear
- Lighting etc
Aircraft Electricians are specially trained people with a very responsible and demanding job.
What does an Aircraft Electrician do?
- diagnose faults on the electrical systems
- perform regular checks
- maintain, repair and overhaul electrical components
- repair and install electrical components and wiring
- ensure proper supply to all systems
- test electronic equipment eg generators, temp controls etc
- test air-conditioning, galley, power generators etc etc
- keep maintenance records
Are you … ?
- passionate about airplanes?
- good with your hands?
- mechanically minded?
- problem solver?
- responsible and reliable?
How do I become an Aircraft Electrician?
You will need a trade qualification as an Aircraft Electrician.
Minimum requirements: Grade 10 or 12 with Mathematics + English
Places that may offer training/employment:
- Private Provider
Is becoming an Aircraft Electrician right career choice for me?
See below for more info.