OFO No: 653202
What is an Aircraft Trimmer?
Aircraft Trimmers are in demand!
The job of an Aircraft Trimmer is to maintain the interior of aircrafts and cabins. They need to maintain a high quality of service and stick to strict safety guidelines.
Examples of areas Aircraft Trimmers would work on:
- Cabin and cockpit seats
- Safety belts
- Side panels
- Blankets for insulation
- Cargo webbing (netting that stops cargo moving on the plane) etc.
They are also responsible for the safety rafts and life vests on the aircraft.
What does an Aircraft Trimmer do?
- manufacture, installs and repair aircraft interiors
- service and repair survival equipment (life vests, rafts etc)
- make routine checks
- make sure everything is safe and secure
Are you … ?
- passionate about airplanes?
- good with your hands?
- responsible and reliable?
- safety conscious?
How do I become an Aircraft Trimmer?
You will need a trade qualification as an Aircraft Trimmer .
Training will include the following:
- Aircraft insulation blanket practices
- Sewing machine skills
- Maintenance of survival equipment etc
Minimum requirements: Grade 10 + Mathematics + English
Places that may offer training/employment:
- Private Provider
Is becoming an Aircraft Trimmer right career choice for me?
See below for more info.