What is an Airport Fire Fighter?
Airport Fire Fighters are specialised fire fighters. Their main job is to make sure crew and passengers are evacuated and safe during and after an an airport ground emergency.
What does an Airport Fire Fighter do?
- handle the fully automated tower and attending to emergencies timeously
- relay the correct information to necessary departments
- make sure crew and passengers are evacuated and safe from emergency situation
- accurately record all information and activities during emergencies
- monitor the landing and take- off of all aircraft
- drive or handle fire tenders during emergencies
- save lives and protect property
- use specialised equipment, fire-fighting foams and dry chemicals
- apply ICAO recommendations
Are you … ?
- fit and healthy?
- alert and dependable
- able to work in life-threatening situations?
- emotionally stable?
- calm under pressure?
- a thrill seeker?
How do I become an Airport Fire Fighter?
You will need a Fire Fighter 2 qualification.
Click here for more info about training:
- ACSA: Airport Company of South Africa
- TETA Seta
Is becoming an Airport Fire Fighter right career choice for me?
See below for more info.