What is a Call Centre Agent?
A Call Centre Agent / Operator is a person who handles incoming or outgoing customer calls for a usually, a large business or corporation.
A Call Centre Agent / Operator may handle account inquiries, customer complaints or technical support problems.
Those Call Centre Agents / Operators that make outgoing calls are usually doing so for market research or identifying new customers for the company.
What does a Call Centre Agent do?
- represents the company at the frontline
- communicates with customers (old and new) via phone, fax or emails
- diagnoses what the client requires
- finds and communicates the solution to client
- keeps up to date with new company policies, technology, information etc
- makes sure client is treated with respect at all times, even if they are difficult
- makes changes to or update a customer profile or account information
Are you . . ?
- a problem solver?
- a good listener?
- a person with a clear and articulate voice?
- a good communicator?
- professional and serious?
- a person with a positive attitude?
- a person with good manners?
- good under pressure?
How do I become a Call Centre Agent?
Working as a Call Centre Agent / Operator may be the first step on the ladder to success. As one learns more about the company and show positive attitude, the company may then train you for a higher position with more responsibility and more pay.
Some Call Centre Agents / Operators may be employed with no experience. You will then receive on-the-job training.
Other companies expect previous call centre experience. Call centre training will obviously be an added advantage and will give you a heads-up on other applicants applying for the same position.
- BOSTON COLLEGE: (Countrywide)
- DCT CONSULTING: (Montana Park):
Offers a 3-day Call Centre Operator course
- KWELANGA TRAINING: (Sandton and Cape Town):
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Call Centre Agent the right career choice for me?