OFO No: 811101
Other names for Domestic Worker:
Home / House Cleaner
What is a Domestic Worker?
A Domestic Worker usually works for a private person or family. They clean and tidy homes, flats, apartments, townhouses etc.
What does a Domestic Worker do?
- dusts, sweeps and vacuums
- washes and polishes floors
- cleans windows
- hangs out washing
- cleans bathrooms and kitchens
- polishes mirrors
- tidies up and puts things away
Are you . . . ?
- a person who can work on their own?
- a person who takes pride in our work?
- friendly and helpful?
How do I become a Domestic Worker?
You do not need a qualification to become a Domestic Worker.
If you want to become a Domestic Worker, you can get a job:
- By letting people know that you want work – they might know of someone who is hiring
- Looking in the newspaper
- Looking at community notice boards in libraries, shops etc
- Placing your own advert on these boards
- Handing out flyers at the robots in the area you want to work: Always look professional and positive when you hand them out.
Is becoming a Domestic Worker the right career choice for me?