OFO No: 862913
Other names for Event Assistant:
- Event Support Assistant
- Event Volunteer
What is an Event Assistant?
An Event Assistant assists with all parts of an event: design, production, guest speakers, decorations, admin etc.
Kinds of events an Event Assistant might work on:
- Team Building Exercises
- Product Launches
- Private Functions
- Concerts etc
What does an Event Assistant do?
- assists the event manager with all aspects of the event
- helps with admin
- researches and organises suppliers
- helps with menus
- makes deliveries
- sources goods and materials or props
- makes phone calls
- liaises with sub contractors
- keeps records
- makes sure everything is running on time
- assists with any problems that may arise
Are you … ?
- a good organiser?
- a good listener?
- a good communicator?
- a strict time keeper?
How do I become an Event Assistant?
An Event Assistant can get work experience and skills by working from the bottom up in an events company. You may start as a general assistant, or admin person and then work your way up.
Various Certificates in Marketing / Secretarial / Events can be done.
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming an Event Assistant the right career choice for me?