What is a Guest Liaison?
A Guest Liaison person is an individual, usually employed in the hospitality industry, to make sure that all the guests’ needs are met and that guests are satisfied all the time.
A Guest Liaison is a combination of receptionist, concierge and host/hostess roles.
A Guest Liaison will work with all the department heads in the establishment making sure that guests’ requirements are met.
What does a Guest Liaison do?
- registering guests
- issuing room keys and escort instructions to porters and bell-hops
- being available to the guests throughout the day from checking in – to departures
- making sure guest requirements are met
- receiving and passing on of messages
- working in shifts
- passing on guest information from one shift to another
- making dinner reservations, tour bookings, flight confirmations, or tracking lost luggage etc
- presenting statements to and collecting payments
- researching the local area for attractions, good restaurants etc to tell guests
- dealing with guest complaints
- organising errands for guests
Are you … ?
- a peoples’ person?
- eager to please?
- professional and discreet?
- a good listener?
- able to deal with stress?
- a problem solver?
- willing to work shift hours?
How do I become a Guest Liaison?
There are many courses one can do to get the skills which will help you be a good Guest Liaison. Here is one example.
- INTERNATIONAL HOTEL SCHOOL
Offers a 3 year Traineeship in Hospitality Management
Is becoming a Guest Liaison the right career choice for me?
See below for more info.