OFO No: 514102
Other names for a Hair or Beauty Salon Assistant:
- Dreadlock Specialist
- Electrolysis Assistant
- Hair Colour Technician
- Hairdresser (Braiding)
- Hairdresser (Weaving)
- Hairdresser’s Assistant
- Salon Operator
What is a Hair or Beauty Salon Assistant?
Hair or Beauty Salon Assistants work in a salon an help the haridressers or therapists with their treatments and make sure the salon is clean and tidy at all times.
What does a Hair or Beauty Salon Assistant do?
- meets and greets clients
- answers the phone
- serves tea and coffee
- shampoos clients / or assists with beauty treatments
- makes sure all the stations are ready for the client and therapist
- monitors stock levels of products
- keeps salon clean and tidy
Are you … ?
- interested in the beauty industry?
- a people’s person?
- a person with a positive, bubbly personality?
- willing to learn?
How do I become a Hair or Beauty Salon Assistant?
- Get in-house training in a salon
- Get a relevant beauty qualification (CLICK HERE for various options)
OTHER CAREERS TO CONSIDER: Phlebotomist or Interior Designer
Is becoming a Hair or Beauty Salon Assistant the right career choice for me?