OFO No: 515201
Other names for Housekeeper:
House Steward Private
Housekeeper (Private / Residential Service)
What is a Housekeeper?
The main differences between a Domestic Worker and a Housekeeper are:
- Cleans and tidies private residences
Housekeeper – (can work in privat residences, hotels or B&B’s)
- Cleans, tidies, cooks etc
- They may even have to manage cleaning staff at large residences
- They may even have to monitor the gardeners
- Drive and do the household grocery shopping etc
- Organise parties etc
What does a Housekeeper do?
- CLICK HERE for Domestic Worker tasks
- drives to shops to buy groceries, drop of dry cleaning, delivery and collections
- manage cleaning staff (if there are any)
- order flower arrangements and makes sure they are watered and fresh
- arranges meals and cooks
- arranges and organises parties and events
Are you . . . ?
- hard working?
- well presented?
- a good communicator?
- a person who takes pride in their work?
How do I become a Housekeeper?
A Housekeeper had many varied skills. They are:
- Good cooks
- Good organisers
- Good communicators
- Good drivers (not all employers expect you to drive, but it’s a good skill to have)
Any training or experience in these skills will be an advantage, but not compulsory.
Is becoming a Housekeeper the right career choice for me?