OFO No: 441601
Others names for HR Clerk:
Employment Office Clerk
Human Resources Assistant
Human Resources Planning Clerk
Human Resources Records Clerk
Human Resources Systems Administrator
Inland Revenue Pay and Personnel Officer
Personnel Records Clerk
Recruiting / Recruitment Clerk
What is a Human Resources Clerk?
A HR Clerk works in the Human Resources department of a company.
They are responsible for maintain and updating all the employees records with regard to:
- Personal information (address, telephone numbers etc)
- Employee’s leave
- Tax etc
What does a Human Resources Clerk do?
- checks and updates employee records
- starts new record files for new employees
- double checks that information is correctly captured
- processes promotions
- handles employee enquiries regarding job related information
- compiles job adverts for positions in company
- prepares reports
- uses and stores information on computers
Are you . . . ?
- a good and accurate typist?
- detail orientated?
- responsible and reliable?
- organised and methodical?
- able to pay attention?
- good with people?
- a good communicator?
How do I become a Human Resources Clerk?
You will need a qualification. You will need a National Certificate in Human Resource Administration or something similar.
Once you have this, you can try to get an office job, preferably in the HR department. Once there, try and learn as many skills as you can. If you like, over time, you can do more courses and training to improve your position and salary in the company.
Most institutions offer some form of HR course.
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education. CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a HR Clerk the right career choice for me?