OFO No: 422201
Other names for Inbound Call Centre Operator:
- Inbound Call Centre Customer Service Representative
- Inbound Contact Centre Team Leader
What is an Inbound Call Centre Operator?
Inbound Call Centre Operators must have excellent communication and problem solving skills and be able to assist clients with a positive and professional image.
It is important for telemarketing staff to have excellent communication skills and to be confident and knowledgeable about their products.
Becoming an Inbound Call Centre Operator is an in-house learning experience and requires dedication. Working hours are flexible and can involve shift times i.e. day shifts and then night shifts on a rotating schedule.
Call Centre Operators are usually monitored to ensure that they meet employer standards for speed, accuracy and customer handling, – mainly to keep the profits up.
What does an Inbound Call Centre Operator do?
- responds to customer calls or emails
- does marketing and other sales work
- assists with customer service
- assists help desk or technical support
- places orders
- fills out applications for services
- files complaints
- keeps up to date with company products and services
Are you . . . ?
- a person with a clear speaking voice?
- a good communicator?
- interested in sales?
- prepared to work shifts if required?
How do I become an Inbound Call Centre Operator?
Training is usually received on the job but if you feel you want to jump ahead of the rest, there are courses that you can do.
- In-Service training
Learnership – Contact Centre Support Level 2
Learnership – Contact Centre and BPO Support Level 3
Learnership – Contact Centre Operations NQF Level 4
- BOSTON COLLEGE: (Countrywide)
Offers Call Agent/Operators course
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming an Inbound Call Centre Operator the right career choice for me?