What is a Leadership Development Specialist?
The job of a Leadership Development Specialist is planning all aspects of leadership development, career paths and performance management within a company.
A Leadership Development Specialist will use methods like:
- On-the-job training
- Electronic / online training
- Practical, hands-on training
- Theoretical training
- Job shadowing
What does a Leadership Development Specialist do?
- observes employees to monitor their performance/s
- recommends leadership programmes
- develops training manuals
- conducts training sessions
- keeps records
- writes reports
- evaluates the long term effect of training programmes
- assists managers to develop people skills
Are you . . . ?
- a people’s person?
- a good communicator?
- a motivator?
- fair and reasonable?
- a good listener?
How do I become a Leadership Development Specialist?
You will need a qualification.
We suggest you complete a business administration degree and then a post graduate degree (Masters in Business Administration MBA) or diploma in Leadership Studies or Leadership Management.
- GRADUATE SCHOOL OF BUSINESS and LEADERSHIP (GSB&L) in KZN
Offers the above post graduate degrees.
- NELSON MANDELA METROPOLITAN UNIVERSITY
Also offers a variety of Leadership programmes
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education. CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming Leadership Development Specialist the right career choice for me?