OFO No: 121301
Other names for Policy & Planning Manager:
- Corporate Planning Manager
- Planning & Development Manager
- Policy Development Manager
- Public Policy Manager
- Strategic Planning Manager
What is a Policy & Planning Manager?
A Policy & Planning Manager holds a very senior position in the company.
They are responsible for the planning and directing of corporate policies and strategic goals and targets within the company.
Some Policy & Planning Managers specialise in:
- Corporate planning
- Strategic planning
- Policy development planning
What does a Policy & Planning Manager do?
- develops and implements new strategic plans and targets
- monitors current programmes within the company
- researches and analyses data
- implements new activity measures to track progress
- participates in the development of policy documents
- writes reports
- liaises with experts and government officials
- meets with board of directors
- represents company at conventions and conferences etc
Are you . . . ?
- good at mathematics?
- passionate about business?
- detail orientated?
- a good communicator (written and verbal)?
- a forward thinker?
- a good negotiator?
How do I become a Policy & Planning Manager?
Most Policy & Planning Managers have a business /commerce qualifications and loads of working experience in the business sector.
A Policy & Planning Manager usually starts off at the bottom as a junior or assistant in the company and after years of collecting skills and experience will slowly move up the corporate ladder. Policy & Planning Manager are generally older due to this fact.
A lot of Policy & Planning Managers will also continue to study throughout their working career to improve their knowledge and skills.
After years as a Policy & Planning Manager in a company you may be invited to become a Director.
Bachelor of Economics
- Rhodes University
- University of Cape Town
- University of Fort Hare
- University of Johannesburg
- Universitiy of KZN
- University of Limpopo
- University of Pretoria
- University of Stellenbosch
- University of the Free State
- University of Venda
- University of Western Cape
- University of Witswaterand
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Policy & Planning Manager the right career choice for me?