OFO No: 132105
Other names for Power Generation Production Manager:
- Biofuels Production Manager
- Biomass Power Plant Manager
- Concentrated Solar Power (CSP) Plant Manager
- Geothermal Production Manager
- Hydroelectric Production Manager
- Landfill Gas Collection Manager
- Methane Collection Manager
- Wind Energy Operations Manager
What is a Power Generation Production Manager?
A Power Generation Production Manager plans, organises and manages the work activities at a power generating or biofuels plant.
What does a Power Generation Production Manager do?
- liaises with all the different managers at the plant
- controls operations and quality procedures
- plans maintenance schedules
- writes reports
- implements production strategies
- manages budgets
- monitors production outputs
- minimises costs
- identifies business opportunities
- orders and monitors installation of new equipment
Are you . . . ?
- interested in energy?
- a leader?
- a problem solver?
- reliable and responsible?
- a good communicator?
- a people’s person?
- a motivator?
How do I become a Power Generation Production Manager?
The best way to become a Power Generation Production Manager is do study:
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical Engineering Technology
Once you have your qualification and enough workplace experience you will need to get a Government Certificate of competency. You will sit for an examination.
There are 2 certificates:
- Certificate for Mines and Works issued by the Department of Mineral Resource
- Certificate for Factories issued by the Department of Labour
Once you have your certificate, only then may you call yourself a Certificated Electrical Engineer. This will allow you to take over the legal responsibility for the operation and safety of a large industrial plant such as a mine, factory or power station.
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Power Generation Production Manager the right career choice for me?