What is a Sport Advancement Officer?
Do you have a wild passion for sport? Do and see yourself with a career in the sporting arena?
Sport Advancement Officers aim to provide opportunities for participation in sport for all sections of the community.
They distribute information and organise sport-related projects, classes, programmes, coaching, club development and training for those who want to participate for fun and those who are interested in competition.
A Sport Advancement Officer will plan, promote and regulate sport and recreational activities and make contact with other sport organizations in order to co-ordinate such activities.
A Sport Advancement Officer attends sporting tournaments, training courses and meetings where the administrative aspects of sport events are dealt with.
What does a Sport Advancement Officer do?
- meeting with various sports administrators
- attending various sporting events/tournaments and training courses
- promoting sporting events, coaching and recreational activities
- visiting various clubs and building relationships with club officials
- distributing various forms of information (brochures, posters etc) to promote sports
- organising various sporting events
- organising coaching sessions for trainers and leaders in sport and recreation
- assisting with the planning and designing of sport and recreation facilities
- participating in conflict resolution between sport organsations or sportspersons
Are you … ?
- passionate about sports?
- a peoples’ person?
- a great organiser?
- a good negotiator?
- a good marketer?
How do I become a Sport Advancement Officer?
A 3 year National Diploma in Sports Administration and Marketing or similar would be extremely beneficial.
Is becoming a Sport Advancement Officer the right career choice for me?
See below for more info.