What is a Tourism Marketing Manager?
A Tourism Marketing Manager will work for a tourism company, coach or tour company, or other tourist related organisation.
They will be in charge of the marketing and advertising campaigns for these companies.
A Tourism Marketing Manager must be confident and able to put the company first and make sure it gets all the advertising and exposure possible.
This is an important position in the company as your work and input will directly influence the growth of the company.
What does a Tourism Marketing Manager do?
- plans the days schedule
- works on and writes copy for brochures
- attends shows like the Indaba Travel Show
- liaises with official tourism organisations
Are you … ?
- interested in tourism and marketing?
- a good communicator?
- computer literate?
- a person with great inter-personal skills?
- a leader?
- able to deal with stress?
- able to stick to deadlines?
- able to write articles for publication?
- a multi-tasker?
How do I become a Tourism Marketing Manager?
A marketing management course (certificate, diploma or degree) are available from various colleges and universities ranging from 6 months to 3 years.
These courses will include brand awareness and development, aspects of marketing, marketing techniques, the 4 ‘P’s of marketing (product, promotion, place and price) and how to implement a marketing strategy.
Basic computer training is essential.
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Tourism Marketing Manager the right career choice for me?