OFO No: 242401
Other names for Training Development Professional:
Training and Development Practitioner
Training Material Developer
What is a Training and Development Professional?
A Training and Development Professional researches, designs and implements training and development programmes targeted specifically for that company/organisation, so that staff and teams may work as efficiently and as productively as possible.
This enables the company to grow and become more profitable.
What does a Training and Development Professional do?
- observes staff in action during work hours
- researches and interviews staff members and teams from various departments
- collates the data
- designs and develops training programmes to improve skills sets and productivity
- creates tests to determine effectiveness of training programmes
- facilitates training programmes
- evaluates staff after training to see that it has been effective
- checks to see that training has met competency requirements
- liaises with management
- writes reports
Are you . . . ?
- a people’s person?
- a motivator?
- a good communicator?
- a good listener?
- a hard worker?
- can you think out the box?
How do I become a Training and Development Professional?
You will need a qualification. A qualification and experience in Human Resources or HR Management will be extremely advantageous.
You can do an HR course through most universities of techology or SA universities, including UNISA (distant learning).
Once you have your qualification, experience in the workplace would be necessary for you to pick up more skills. From this point, you could either study further or work harder for a promotion further up the HR ladder.
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education. CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Training & Development Professional the right career choice for me?