One minute motivator
1. Not everyone is going to like you . . . Get over it.
2. Stuff is going to happen . . . Deal with it.
3. The person who buries their head in the sand will eventually get their butt kicked.
4. You cannot change the past, but you can create the future.
5. Everyone you meet is a reflection of who you are, so it’s a good idea to look for the best in people.
6. When you step into judgment, you step into ignorance.
7. Regret is a wasted emotion and keeps you stuck in the past.
8. Life should not be a fast food meal eaten on the run, but a banquet, with each mouthful, savoured.
9. When change knocks on your door, it won’t go away just because you do not invite it in.
10. Before you can be happy, you have to figure out what makes you happy.
11. Love is not giving all that you are, but accepting the other person and all that they are.
12. It is easier to tear something down than it is to build it up.
13. You don’t have to play with the hand life deals you – you can always shuffle the deck.
14. Your soul mate may not be the one you never argue with, but the one whose presence pushes you into growth and understanding.
15. Always assume the words you speak are being spoken to you, and then ask yourself, How does this make me feel?
16. Put your hand over your heart, feel it beat, feel it pulsate life throughout your body and know with absolute certainty there was a compelling reason why your Creative Source (God, Universe, Spirit, or whatever name reflects your beliefs) placed you on this Earth.
17. It doesn’t matter who writes the words, the only person who can give them power and meaning is you.
18. The only way through a challenge is to take one step at a time, one moment at a time and one day at a time.
19. Think win-win. Always seek mutual benefit.
20. You can get whatever you want in life if you help enough people get whatever they want.
21. You are a divine walking miracle.
An extract from my book: Smart Thinking for Crazy Times