Many learners who do not meet the mark or subject requirements for the course of their choice wish that they could be allowed to start at university with a ‘bridging’ course. Unfortunately that is not possible.

They have a few options:

  • Rewrite the subjects to get better marks
  • Add subjects you don’t have
  • Do the certificate or diploma course you qualified for – that could act as a Bridging course. But ask the university if they will accept that qualification.

An EXTENDED course is offered by most universities to those students who, after they have written the benchmark test, are considered to need more time to complete their degree. Generally the degree is extended by one year, so a three year degree takes four years.

Enquire at your university of choice.