What is a Photocopier Technician?
A Photocopier Technician is a trained artisan who is responsible for the smooth running of photocopy machines.
Photocopy machines are an important tool in an office.
Most offices require a photocopy machine for admin so businesses usually have at least one photocopier machine.
- A print and design company or restaurant may have only one but a large company like Old Mutual or Standard Bank may have hundreds. So Photocopier Technicians have their work cut out for them.
What does a Photocopier Technician do?
- travels from one customer to another
- instals new machines
- services machines
- troubleshoots and finds the fault
- orders parts
- replaces broken or worn parts
- trains new users/clients on how to use machine
- reads manuals
- keeps up to date with current technology
- keeps records
Are you … ?
- mathematically inclined?
- technically minded?
- interested in electronics?
- a good communicator?
- willing to work overtime sometimes?
- good with people?
How do I become a Photocopier Technician?
To get from one customer to another – it is advantageous to have a valid driver’s licence. Some companies may offer you a company car while others expect you to have your own.
Some Photocopier Technicians require a A+ Course in computers and electronics training. A basic understanding of networking is advantageous.
Some institutions you can do the A+ IT course are:
- IT ACADEMY
- NEW HORIZONS
Another way to become a Photocopier Technician is to approach a Photocopy company directly. They may offer in-house training.
If you start at the bottom of the company and show that you are hard-working and dedicated, the company may send you on a training course for you to become a Photocopier Technician.
Is becoming a Photocopier Technician the right career choice for me?