What is a Stud & Stable Manager?
Horse racing is a huge industry in SA. It’s growing and contributes a lot to our national economy.
Stud and Stable Managers are equine (horse) specialists who look after and manage the horses while they’re in the stables.
What does a Stud & Stable Manager do?
- feeds and cleans horses
- makes sure saddles and equipment are in good working order
- assists during foaling (breeding) season
- detects diseases or injuries
- consults with veterinarians when necessary
- constantly learning more about horses
- keeps up to date with info and technology
- manages stable staff
Are you . . . ?
- you fit and healthy?
- passionate about horses?
- willing to work long and unusual hours?
- a good horse rider?
- willing to work in remote areas if necessary?
How do I become a Stud & Stable Manager?
There are many options depending on what you want to study. Here are a few to consider:
- TSHWANE UNIVERSITY OF TECHNOLOGY
National Diploma in Equine Science
- EQUESTRIAN QUALIFICATIONS AUTHORITY OF SOUTHERN AFRICA
- CLICK HERE to check for a training institution near you to see what they offer.
- Make sure you understand their entry requirements for each course.
- To avoid scams, make sure your institution is registered with the Department of Higher Education.
- CLICK HERE to check accredited Private Higher Education Institutions.
Is becoming a Stud & Stable Manager the right career choice for me?