Job description: Provides expert response to complex customer enquiries according to agreed key performance indicators.
About Call Centre Operators
Inbound Call Centre Operators must have excellent communication and problem-solving skills and be able to assist clients with a positive and professional image.
It is important for telemarketing staff to have excellent communication skills and to be confident and knowledgeable about their products.
Becoming an Inbound Call Centre Operator is an in-house learning experience and requires dedication. Working hours are flexible and can involve shift times i.e. day shifts and then night shifts on a rotating schedule.
Call Centre Operators are usually monitored to ensure that they meet employer standards for speed, accuracy and customer handling, – mainly to keep the profits up.
What does an Inbound Call Centre Operator do?
- Responds to customer calls or emails
- Provides expert responses to a range of questions and enquiries, from basic to complex
- Provides information about company policies, products and services telephonically and via electronic communication
- Resolves customer problems
- Marketing and other sales work
- Assists with customer service
- Assists help desk or technical support
- Places orders
- Fills out applications for services
- Files complaints
- Keeps up to date with company products and services
- Assists the employer in building and maintaining good client relationships.
- Deals with highly confidential information in a secure environment.
Are you . . . ?
- a person with a clear speaking voice
- a good communicator
- interested in sales
- prepared to work shifts if required
Occupation Code : (422201)
How do I become an Inbound Call Centre Operator?
Training is usually received on the job but if you feel you want to jump ahead of the rest, there are courses that you can do.
Learnership – Contact Centre Support Level 2
Learnership – Contact Centre and BPO Support Level 3
Learnership – Contact Centre Operations NQF Level 4
COLLEGES OFFERING TRAINING
- BOSTON COLLEGE: (Countrywide) Call Agent/Operators course