Outbound Call Agents are sales representatives. Their job is to promote and sell products to new and old customers over the phone.
Training is usually received on the job, which is nice for those starting a career in sales and customer service.
What does an Outbound Call Centre Operator do?
- Contacts existing and prospective clients from a call centre environment in order to sell products and services.
- Describes products and services
- Answers questions
- Actively matches the needs of the client with the features and benefits of the sellable product.
- Provides clients with relevant product information with the intention of selling products.
- Processes client applications and concluding pre-agreements with client.
- Captures customer information accurately
- Updates databases to reflect changes to the status and details of clients.
- Meets sales, customer service, productivity, compliance and quality targets.
- Deals with highly confidential information in a secure environment.
Are you . . . ?
- a person with a clear speaking voice
- a good communicator
- interested in sales
- prepared to work shifts if required
Other names for this job
Outbound Contact Centre Team Leader
Call or Contact Centre Sales Agent / Consultant
Call Centre Customer Service Representative (Outbound)
(Occupation Code: 422202)
No formal qualification is required, but many institutions offer training in this field
1. GENERAL EDUCATION AND TRAINING CERTIFICATE (GETC)
A General Education and Training Certificate (GETC) or a Grade 9 certificate issued by a school OR an Adult Education and Training (ABET) NQF Level 1 certificate OR a recognised equivalent qualification obtained at NQF Level 1 are required to enter this learning pathway
A learnership is a structured learning programme, consisting of theoretical and practical components, that leads to a qualification. In order to enter a learnership, you need an employer.
- Learnership – Contact Centre Support Level 2 (23Q230021)
- Learnership – Contact Centre and BPO Support Level 3 (ContCenr&)
- Learnership – Contact Centre Operations NQF Level 4 (23Q230022)
3. SPECIALISED TRAINING ACADEMIES
- Ucademy offers recognised qualifications for BPO careers