What is a Farming Consultant?
A Farming Consultant is like a farm owner’s right hand person. A Farming Consultant’s job is to assist a farm owner in almost every aspect of their farm. It therefore stands to reason that Farming Consultants need to have a very varied and up-to-date knowledge base.
Some Farming Consultants will specialise in just one area, for example: Genetics & breeding patterns.
What does a Farming Consultant do? (depending what they specialise in)
- assists farmers with organising their budgets
- advisse on how to improve the quality of their livestock
- tests soil for seed plantation
- advises on fertilizers and manage order & delivery thereof
- provides training to staff
- keeps farmers up to date with new developments and technology
- assists farmers with regard to new equipment
- assists farmers with staff, mediation and disputes
- acts as legal advisors
- keeps up to date with everything new in the agricultural sector
Are you . . . ?
- passionate about farming?
- a good communicator?
- a good listener?
- a people’s person?
- willing to work long and unusual hours if necessary?
- willing to work in remote areas?
How do I become a Farming Consultant?
Farming Consultants usually specialise. It will depend on what you want to ‘consult’ in. Obviously the more varied your skills, the more employable you may become.
- CLICK HERE – jobs descriptions: FARMING
- CLICK HERE – job descriptions: AGRICULTURE
Is becoming a Farming Consultant the right career choice for me?